AU REVOIR, 2014!

December 31, 2014


I just wanted to take the time to wish all of you a very Happy New Year's Eve and New Year's!! I'm going to say it... I'm happy that it's going to be 2015. I want this year to be over with, and to move on and have at least some type of refresh on everything that has happened. I don't mean just in my personal life, but all the shit that has gone down around the world. While this holiday is just another day in the week, I like to think of it as a time to see how I can inspire myself to do better for the next 365 days. I'm over setting specific goals, since I mostly set myself up for disappointment with them. If something is meant to happen, it will happen within time.

At this time of year I also like to jot down and list the positive things that have happened within 2014! There may not be a lot this year, but I think I'm okay with that! It's the little things that count, right?!
  • Started a #FashionFriday series at the end of January to a decent response. It was just me and my camera, but I still enjoyed it. I'm hoping to pick it back up again this year!
  • Was featured in the Four Favorites link-up with Fancy Things & Let It Be Beautiful! So much fun and a great way to reach a different audience.
  • Officially became an official graduate after receiving my diploma in the mail. It was a very proud moment for me.
  • Participated in a competition with DUO Boots where I had to create a day-to-night look with a pair of sandals they gave me. Loved putting this post together, and being able to get a pair of free sandals that I wore pretty much all summer!
  • As an early birthday present, my sister and mother graciously gifted me my first Kate Spade New York bag! It was a pretty magical day and warrants a mention in this post, haha. :)
  • Turned 25, and my sister threw together a great party for me! Wore a very special dress from Tatyana Boutique, and felt beautiful the entire night.
  • Had a HUGE thing for pineapples this summer, and I think it might come back next summer. It's just so much fun, and flamingos too!
  • I got to see Paul McCartney in August with my whole family! It was a very special time and a great way to bond with my mother. She did bring The Beatles and him into my life, so it was very nice.
  • Made funfetti cupcakes and showed how to make them with homemade buttercream frosting! So delicious.
  • R.I.P. to Robin Williams, Lauren Bacall and Oscar de la Renta. Such a sad year.
  • A beautiful local boutique called Primrose Park opened up in October and has now become a staple for inspiration! The owner, Jennifer, is such a lovely lady and has traveled around the world to bring it back to Minneapolis. Can you guess where she got the inspiration?
  • FINALLY got started on my third tattoo in October! I'm absolutely in love with it and I cannot wait to get it colored in. Financially, it's probably going to have to wait until February but it's worth the wait. Thank you, Rockin Tattoos!
  • Probably the biggest, and most rewarding, part of this year was being able to start working for Mall of America! I was able to check off the last part of my goals for this year with enough time to spare. I'm finally doing something I really love, and it's been the best experience! I've only been there for 2 months, but I've already learned so much. Here's to so much more.
  • Hosted my first giveaway to kick off my #mostlylisagiftguide series this year. It was such a success and I can't wait to host my next one sometime in 2015.
  • BATH BOMBSSSS! They're pretty important and life changing.
  • Mostly Lisa turned 4 this year! 4 YEARS OLD! So proud of my baby.
  • A perfect way to end Christmas.
Well, that's about it for this year! Here's to 2015, and whatever it may bring. I wish each and every one of you nothing but the best in your new year!

Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment