(Photo Source: HWTM)
Obligatory 'WHERE HAS THIS YEAR GONE?' is needed to begin this post. It's hard to believe we are moving so quickly into a new year that will bring new hopes and dreams. Tonight I will be surrounded by family and my dog, drinking champagne, watching movies and enjoying a delicious dinner. It's going to be a laid back night, but I am alright with this. I think it's good to have a night to relax and just let other people have fun. I don't like to think like this, but I am perpetually single and so it's hard sometimes to go and celebrate on a night where a kiss is most often expected. Maybe next year, right?
I thought I would also reflect back on some of the major parts of 2013 that happened to me. It's hard to sometime remember every little detail, but these stand out.
- Started working at I've Got Your Style, which is a local Personal Styling company here in Minneapolis, where I helped with social media outreach and updating the blog.
- My lifelong friend, Tammy, married her sweetheart in Austin, Texas. It was the first time I had been in the state.
- Visited my beautiful friend Lexi in California. I stayed there for four days and it was an absolute blast.
- FINALLY got my driver's license after two failed attempts. I started crying in the car because I was so happy.
- My beautiful second nephew, Riley, was born on August 30th. He was 7 lbs., 6 oz. I feel super blessed because I helped my sister during the two days while she was in the hospital. I got to see him grow just in those first few days. So special.
- Began my first day of my last class of my college career in September.
- Saw Mumford and Sons for the first time at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. It was epic to say the least.
- Attended my Portfolio Show where I presented my final product to faculty members, industry professionals and guests.
- Attended my GRADUATION and am now officially a college graduate with a Bachelor's of Science in Fashion Retail & Management.
- Ready to put on my big girl pants and find a job!
Here's hoping that 2014 will be just as epic. I have a lot of goals and hopes for this upcoming year, which I hope will come true. To start it off with a bang, look to Mostly Lisa tomorrow for a brand new theme and layout! I am very excited to show everyone and switch up the look and feel of this passion. Much love to you all and I all hope you have a fantastic NYE and 2014!