FUNFETTI CUPCAKES RECIPE

August 20, 2014


I'm a big baker, and I really love adding my own flair to whatever I'm cooking in the kitchen. I'm not a professional, and this is not a food blog but I thought I'd switch it up and share with you a favorite cupcake recipe of mine. It's along the lines of that Semi-Homemade Show with Sandra Lee? I start with the traditional Funfetti cake and cupcake mix from Pillsbury, but then I like to add to the frosting tub I get and put my own twist of frosting on top. Whether it's with food dye, a flavor or anything in between. In this take, I'm making it buttercream.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  • (1) Pillsbury cupcake mix
  • (24) cupcake liners
  • (2) 12-cup cupcake pans
  • (1) cup of water
  • (1/3) cup of vegetable oil
  • (3) large eggs
  • PAM cooking spray
  • (1) freezer plastic bag

 
 
 


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. Spray cupcake tins with PAM cooking spray, and then fill with cupcake liners.
  3. Combine cupcake mix, water, oil and eggs into a big bowl. Blend together in a mixer or by hand for two minutes.
  4. After everything is mixed well, begin to fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Spread evenly between the 24 tins.
  5. Cook in oven for 22-24 minutes.
  6. Let cupcakes cool for about 10-15 minutes.
  7. While waiting for cupcakes to cool, begin to put together your buttercream together.
INGREDIENTS (BUTTERCREAM):
  1. (1) tub of vanilla frosting
  2. (1/4) of powdered sugar
  3. (1) tbsp. of vanilla extract

 
 
  1. After cupcakes have cooled, frost generously with butter cream frosting. (Since I'm not a professional cook, I made a D.I.Y. frosting tube to make it easier.)
  2. Then top with sprinkles or something chocolate. I decided to top with a chocolate M&M! It is delicious.


Enjoy!

Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment