I'm a big baker, and I really love adding my own flair to whatever I'm cooking in the kitchen. I'm not a professional, and this is not a food blog but I thought I'd switch it up and share with you a favorite cupcake recipe of mine. It's along the lines of that Semi-Homemade Show with Sandra Lee? I start with the traditional Funfetti cake and cupcake mix from Pillsbury, but then I like to add to the frosting tub I get and put my own twist of frosting on top. Whether it's with food dye, a flavor or anything in between. In this take, I'm making it buttercream.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- (1) Pillsbury cupcake mix
- (24) cupcake liners
- (2) 12-cup cupcake pans
- (1) cup of water
- (1/3) cup of vegetable oil
- (3) large eggs
- PAM cooking spray
- (1) freezer plastic bag
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray cupcake tins with PAM cooking spray, and then fill with cupcake liners.
- Combine cupcake mix, water, oil and eggs into a big bowl. Blend together in a mixer or by hand for two minutes.
- After everything is mixed well, begin to fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Spread evenly between the 24 tins.
- Cook in oven for 22-24 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting for cupcakes to cool, begin to put together your buttercream together.
- (1) tub of vanilla frosting
- (1/4) of powdered sugar
- (1) tbsp. of vanilla extract
- After cupcakes have cooled, frost generously with butter cream frosting. (Since I'm not a professional cook, I made a D.I.Y. frosting tube to make it easier.)
- Then top with sprinkles or something chocolate. I decided to top with a chocolate M&M! It is delicious.