REFLECTION + END OF SUMMER WISHLIST

August 15, 2014



  
"You know that place between sleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you... Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." - Hook (1991)
I think I can say that it's been a very tough and emotional week for everyone, especially people who grew up during the popular time that Robin's movies were out. It's been trying for me because the cause of his death hit very close to home, and to just understand that mental illness is real and can affect even the happiest of people. I try not to talk about these issues a lot on here, it's just not that type of blog, but depression is a disease that is very personal as I've had to battle my own war with it for the past 8 1/2 years. It is something I have to stick up for in regards to saying that it's real and sometimes it's not fixable. While I wish Robin's passing did not have to happen, I am very grateful that it's brining more awareness to mental illnesses. Thank you, Robin for building my imagination up with your movies and making me laugh. If you think someone you know is suffering, reach out to them, but when you approach them just try to understand they might not want the help right away. It's the worst to feel that when someone is on your side, you just might treat them like dirt. Just take it a step at a time. 
Moving on from the sadness, which has been hard to do the past couple days, I wanted to share a few items that I'm thinking of getting before summer ends! Yes a lot of them are a dream item, but some are more attainable and what I've been looking to buy to spruce up my bedroom. The desk is probably at the top of my list, it's from Pottery Barn Teen and matches perfectly with the armchair! I like the more sophisticated feel of it, and it's definitely a step up from the current desk/chair I have now. If anything it's going on my Christmas list! Also, I'm in awe of the embellished dress by Holly Fulton! How gorgeous is it? And only $3440! Can I be rich for like a day? Finally, I obviously need to update my DVD collection and re-purchase 'Hook' again, just in honor of Robin. They seriously need to play some of his movies on T.V. soon.
Have a great weekend!
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment