MY STYLE FILE: HOLIDAY GLAM

January 4, 2016


It is pretty hard to believe that we are already on the fourth day of January 2016, and things keep chugging along. Nothing really has changed, but there is always that sense of new and promising adventures to happen during these first few weeks. While I'm not sure if anything will be happening with me yet, I wanted to spruce up Mostly Lisa a little and add a new series called "My Style File." It's essentially the same thing as my "Fashion Friday" series, but a little more focused on aspects of the type of style I wear and how I wear it. So for the first installment let's journey back to literally a week ago, and how I styled an outfit for a BFF date!

The BFF Nicole and I had set on going to a familiar place here in the Twin Cities, The Copper Hen, with an added bonus of getting to dress up. The task of finding a dress that would fit the occasion came on a whim, and I ended up finding a Plus Size Deep-V Midi Dress from Forever 21. It was definitely not something I would normally purchase, but it ended up pairing really nicely with an Old Navy Plaid Pocket Tee (similar) I had on hand! What a slimming option both of these were, and I felt so comfortable having it cover most of my stomach and legs. The statement necklace and pair of flats were a must to go with this, and my favorite red lip added a nice festive touch.

This was such a magical night! Especially being able to be with my BFF, exchange gifts, be in a beautiful setting and be able to eat some delicious food. It made the ending of the holiday season that much better, and had my hopes for a positive New Year. I hope that all of you were able to do the same, and if you weren't, listen to Zara Larsson! You'll get an instant dose of happiness!

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment