HOW IS YOUR 2016 GOING?

January 28, 2016


It's now been 25 days into January, and we're almost completely done with the first month of the year. It's cliche to say 'oh, how quickly time goes,' but I sincerely feel that way right now because it's crazy how life just keeps moving along. It doesn't care about the days, weeks and months that we inhibit during our time here. Life continues to grow, change and keep orbiting in a circle.  While I try not to think about that, it seems to happen a lot during January and February, which is the main reason I am writing this post! I wanted to check in on how everyone was doing. We always start with new resolutions and goals to attain during this first month, but I have to say I didn't really have any to reach for in 2016.

This is not to say that I don't have tinier goals or dreams that I want to achieve during the year, but I wasn't set on making huge goals that would probably not be completed. I tend to get into a winter slump and don't feel motivated to do anything that requires exercise or going out all the time. The main two goals I thought of for 2016 were; read 26 books and start a new journal to jot down my thoughts when the inspiration hit. So far? I have done a little bit of both, and it feels good to even do those tiny actions right now. Who knows how far I will go after winter ends and my favorite season begins, but I hope it will be for the better.

I also really want to blog more, and do posts like this where I can stretch my writing skills. I will never be an author or an insanely talented copywriter, but I try to type whatever it is I am feeling into the post to make it more personal. I like to think that it is Mostly Lisa in a nutshell and I'm fine with that. There is a time and place to refocus during the 365 days of the year, and I really want it to be right now. What do you guys think? Let me know how you stay motivated, or how you get inspired in the comments below! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment