GOODBYE 2015, HELLO 2016

December 31, 2015

A new year is around the corner, literally tomorrow, and I find myself wanting to reflect on what this past year has brought. While these posts may be very cliche, I enjoy looking back on what has been and what can be. It's like a refresh button on life and a time when you can dream about what you want to do for the next 365 days. I don't aim to start a new diet, eat healthier or stop drinking soda (though I really should) but to just live happy. Overall, the biggest goal I have for 2016 is to travel and travel well. Before that happens though, here are some positive things that have happened during this year!
  • SimplyBe featured me on their Instagram, in one of my favorite outfits this year! 
  • The Valentino Spring/Summer 2015 Couture collection was made of absolute dreams, and was a consistent part of my favorite fashion moments. 
  • Target announced a new plus-size collection in January, and it was so inspiring to see three of my favorite bloggers in the featured video.
  • Jeremy Jordan did a cover of "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" for Broadway Loves Celine Dion. I've more than likely listened to it about 20 times.
  • Zendaya at the 2015 Oscars. Everything.
  • Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture, in motion! 
  • One of my more popular Instagram posts, mostly because Lauren Conrad liked it. 
  • Paper Fashion x Cinderella illustrations were a beautiful combination.
  • Jetted off to Austin, Texas for a short weekend. I finally got to see the Alamo
  • If you've never watched Agent Carter, I highly suggest you do. It's a fantastic woman-led show on ABC, and Hayley Atwell brings such charisma to a dynamic character. 
  • April brought me a new car! The very first car I could call my own, and it's been mine ever since. 
  • The first image of Lily James as Elizabeth Bennet in "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" was released. Cue the freakout! 
  • This song by twenty-one pilots pretty much ruled my April.
  • "Age of Adaline" came out, and I literally had to step back and process every feeling I had after seeing it. It's such a beautiful movie. 
  • THIS FASHION MOMENT WITH CHANEL IMAN!
  • "Jurassic World" came out, and obviously it was epic. 
  • I turned 26, and nothing special happened. Haha.
  • There was a huge trend this year of doing history videos on YT, based on fashion, beauty, trends, etc. I personally really enjoyed it, but this has to be one of my favorites! 
  • I got to meet Lennon & Maisy during one of their stops in Minnesota. They are the absolute sweetest and so talented. 
  • The Dubsmash Wars of 2015 began in July, and it was the best part of the summer for me.
  • Felt particularly great in this photo
  • An introduction to Haley Reinhart and her spine-tingling voice with a cover of "Creep" with Postmodern Jukebox. The start of a beautiful relationship. 
  • A good friend of mine from college got married, and it was like a fairytale
  • I met BB-8 for the first time in August! BB-88888888!
  • Wrote my first blog post for Mall of America, and it was pretty satisfying to see my name for such a big brand.
  • This guy posted a 15-second video on Instagram, and it was so funny that it exploded into Insta-fame. So much so that he created a full-length video to satisfy the laughter. Just watch.
  • I finally got to see Taylor Swift live, and it was with my sister!
  • No big deal, but Blake Lively liked this photo and it was the most successful IG post I've EVER had. 
  • We got the full-length trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and it was so amazing. 
  • This was a magical sunset.
  • Attended a fall wedding with my BFF
  • "Hello" by Adele dropped, and the world freaked. Probably the most important part of the year for me, and then she came out with "When We Were Young" and everything definitely changed. I am extremely distraught that I will not be able to see her when she stops in St. Paul.
  • Finally succeeded in being Ms. Frizzle for Halloween. 
  • The third annual Mostly Lisa Gift Guide series went live in November. So proud.
  • Daisy Ridley + John Boyega on the cover of ASOS Magazine. 'Nough said.
  • The "Captain America: Civil War" trailer came out! Next year, hurry up!
  • An entire collection that is quintessentially an ode to being an ice princess! Sign me up. 
  • "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" finally came out in theaters. What a spectacular experience.
  • Mostly Lisa turned five years old!
  • Finally, a lovely way to end the year. A BFF date night at such a beautiful restaurant.
Here is to a new year, full of wishes and dreams. Thank you for joining along this year, and I hope to see you next year! xoxo

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment