WHAT LISA LOVES: MAY EDITION

May 19, 2016

May is in full bloom! There may only be a week or so left, but I wanted to get in the things that have caught my eyes, ears and everything in between. What hasn't been intriguing to me during this month? I'm surprised at how many exciting things have happened, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is left. If you're looking to add a few new things into your closet, beauty bag or music library, I've got just the right must-have for you.  I hope these get you inspired for a lovely rest of spring and an inspiring upcoming summer.


Listening - Alisan Porter on The Voice + 'Better' album by Haley Reinhart: Two phenomenal voices who are both bad ass ladies proving they have what it takes to make it after a reality singing competition. I have no doubts Alisan is going to win 'The Voice' and Haley has already accomplished so much after her run on 'American Idol' (Hello, Extra Gum commercial!) These ladies know how to sing and make you feel so much while they are belting out tunes. I cannot wait to see Haley next month in concert, and I hope to someday see Alisan go on tour as well.

Coveting - Vans Matte Iridescent Slip-On ($55) + Marc by Marc Jacobs Wallet ($97) + Paper Fashion Noir Belle of the Ball PJ Set ($114): The more to covet, the better! Each one of these items is something I just recently came across this month, but they are pretty fantastic and already a must-have! Does anyone else enjoy the resurgence of iridescent fabrics from the 90s/early 2000s? I wasn't a huge fan myself but I am OBSESSED with these Vans, as is everyone else (they are sold out pretty much everywhere.) Also, finding out that Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion fame and Bed Head PJs did a collaboration together?! Absolutely a dream! Must.find.in.local.store.

Pinning - shop.bando i believe in pizza pin ($10) + CAKE X DB Poison Cherry pin ($9) + Mondo Captain America Enamel pin ($10) + Darling Distraction Rose City Soft Enamel pin ($10): I might have a new pin problem, but I owe (and thank) that to one of my best friends. The pin game is strong with her and I'm only just scratching the surface of finding and buying pins for my denim jacket. All four of these pins are some of my current favorites, especially the Captain America enamel pin! They're so cute, and so affordable!

Fangirling - Cannes Film Festival 2016 Red Carpet: If you saw my post last year on my Best Dressed at the Cannes Film Festival, it would be no surprise to you then that I'm currently obsessing over all the red carpet looks for this year. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the choices people have made this year, especially Soko and Daria Strokous, since they've been taking risks and succeeding at doing so. It's fun to see a new and fresh take on fashion, but it does suck that it doesn't happen at awards shows when you'd expect it to. Brava to these ladies!
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment