MY STYLE FILE: VELVET FOR NYE

December 29, 2016

It has been such a strange week that I wasn't sure if I necessarily wanted to post something like this during it. It's been a mixed bag of emotions - some happy, some neutral, but mostly sad. I figured I had to chin up and keep going because life is already doing it for me + everyone else. I hope that while we're all trying to get through these last few days of 2016 that you've at least been able to spend some time with family and friends during this holiday season. This time of year can be kind-of a lull between being so festive for four weeks to then realizing that midnight on January 1st is really just another day. I believe it's the night before that counts and that is what today's My Style File post is all about!

Actually celebrating New Year's Eve can be a hit or miss for me. There have been quite a few years past where I've made plans and had them abruptly canceled, to not having any plans and figuring something out last minute, to finally realizing that I may never get a New Year's Eve kiss at midnight in this lifetime. Luckily, this year has panned out to be something that I'm actually really looking forward to. Not only will I be able to spend it with some great people, but I'll be properly dressed to party the night away!
My absolute favorite trend for this year, one that I've talked about several times on here + my other social media channels, is velvet! There has been so much chatter about this deliciously gorgeous trend that I spent probably a month or so trying to find the perfect velvet dress that would make my style dreams come true. I just so happened to have found it through another favorite fashion trend of mine this year - the Who What Wear x Target collection. There were so many things to choose from the collection, but the Women's Velvet Wrap Slip Dress is finally all mine and I couldn't be happier. It's so comfortable, the perfect length and the best thing to layer with when you want to switch your look up. For today's look, I decided to make it a little more casual by pairing a striped tee (similar) from Old Navy underneath. I paired it with the best cheetah glitter clutch from Betsey Johnson, some cute flats and a big statement necklace  I'm thinking for New Year's Eve that I will put something red or sheer on instead to make it a bit more festive, so I'll be all set to watch the big ball drop!

What do you guys think of this outfit? Hit or miss? I'm pretty excited to switch up the top and a few other accessories. Also, let me know what you're wearing for NYE and/or your plans! Hope you all have a lovely time celebrating any way you decide to, we all deserve it this year. xoxo
Photos by Laura Posterick

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment