FASHION FRIDAY: FESTIVE CASUAL

December 16, 2016

This time of year is always my favorite when it comes to fashion. I always tend to find myself wearing a little bit more sparkle, daring to wear dresses when it's freezing outside and finding ways to incorporate winter accessories into whatever outfit I'm wearing. All of this definitely tests my desire to be super casual, but I think I've actually found a good balance on how to be both this holiday season. It's all about the details!

Details are so important for any outfit - they can make it or break it, let's be honest. I've been pretty lucky to have a keen eye for finding a lot of items that have exactly what I'm looking for, and this outfit is definitely one of them. You may be thinking that an all black outfit can't necessarily be 'festive' during this time of year, but like I said, it's the details that will bring out everything you need to be in the holiday spirit. My favorite part of this casual outfit? It has to be the AVA + VIV Bell Sleeve Peasant Blouse from Target! I purchased this during the fall and I've worn it several times, especially during October, but it has transformed into one of my favorite blouses to wear on a special occasion. The bell sleeves are probably the best part of it, as they bring out extra bohemian vibes along with the lace accents on the sleeves and upper area of the blouse. It's easy to wear with pretty much anything, so that is why I put the Mossimo Loose Fitting Long Vest from Target over it. It just adds a nice sophisticated touch that you can dress up or down, which fits perfectly into my type of style. Finally, I put on a pair of my favorite Mid-Rise Pixie Ankle Pants from Old Navy, the cutest ankle velvet booties + a velvet choker to complete the look.

This entire look cost under $100 as well, so you can't go wrong with finding something that matches your style + budget. I'm definitely looking forward to wearing this at least a couple more times, in various forms, this month and the next. At least I know I'll be casual + festive!
Photos by Laura Posterick

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

2 comments

  1. You look gorgeous! I love the backdrop of the two bookcases as well.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete