MY STYLE FILE: SLIP INTO GREEN

March 14, 2016

I am beyond excited to share today's post, for two reasons! The first reason is because this is the beginning of a series of posts that I will be doing  in honor of St. Patrick's Day on Thursday. The other reason is because I FINALLY HAVE FANCY PHOTOS to put up! This is such a big deal because I have been searching and searching for a way to incorporate better quality photos into the My Style File + Fashion Friday series I do every now and then. I have not been able to find the time, the money or the person to help me with this venture, but I do now! Thanks to Jo from The North Nabe for helping me set this up, and for taking such gorgeous shots.
Since this week is going to be about all things Irish, I had to start with the color that evokes the feeling of the holiday and the history of the country. My favorite shade of green has to be army green! It's neutral, versatile and definitely surprising when it comes to what you can pair it with. I am a bit basic when it comes to wearing this shade, and tend to gravitate more towards wearing black, white, gray, or navy. So this army green vest/jacket that I found a few years ago at Gap (similar) was an instant must in creating my overall look. I then paired it with a basic white cotton t-shirt from Old Navy, a pair of  AVA and VIV black ankle pants and black lace-up flats (similar). Finally, I accessorized with a beautiful 3-leaf clover necklace I bought when I actually went to Ireland back in 2005! It's my favorite part of this outfit, and I will be wearing it all week long.
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment