FASHION FRIDAY: TROPICAL FANCY

May 22, 2015




Coconut Grove. Is a very small cove separated from the sea by a shifting shore. We didn't realize that
we had arrived at high tide, high tide barely made it out alive.
-'Marathon', Tennis
 
Today's post is inspired by tropical getaways, such as Atlantis or the Caribbean. I am ITCHING to go some place super warm, where I can put the sand between my toes and lay back and let the sun etch my skin with rays. Does anybody else feel this way lately?! The weather here in Minnesota has been chaotic, with somewhat decent days that turn into shivering nights. It doesn't make any sense, and it has my allergies flaring up like nobody's business. I guess it just gives me more reason to stay up late at night and research warm places that I wish I could transport to.
 
I won't be transporting any time soon... literally not until 2017 when I finally go to Disney World with my sister. How sad is that?! There is just no time to save, not enough finances to even begin to save and life just gets in the way. I like planning ahead of time though, it makes it that more exciting once it finally happens. I've been planning the Florida trip, and then an even bigger trip due in 2019 when I turn 30! I thought a big birthday like that calls for a big celebration, so I'm planning on going to Europe by myself and stay in some airbnb's while I travel around London and other major cities! That is something to live for, that is something I can really divest my time and energy into. To say I'm excited, is an understatement!
 
But back to the present, to where I'm at right now. This outfit, specifically the top from Old Navy, is definitely a way to keep the dream alive! The print is so much fun, and I'm digging the entire tropical theme they have going on for the summer. I thought it would look great with a pair of denim, and with a blazer on top for when you need to go back to work. I've also just realized I'm literally a walking advertisement for Old Navy in this post, so hopefully they'll appreciate that! Well I'm off to daydream and plan some more, so I hope you have a lovely weekend!
 
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa
 

Post a Comment