WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- (1 Bag) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- (1/2 Cup) Softened Butter or Margarine
- (1 TBSP) All-Purpose Flour
- (1) Egg
- (2) Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutters - 1 large, 1 small
- (1) Rolling Pin
- (1/3 Cup) Strawberry Jam
- (1/4 Cup) Confectioner's Sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Stir Cookie Mix, Softened Butter, Egg and Flour in Medium Bowl until soft dough forms
- Shape dough into round ball, and cut in half.
- On a floured surface, roll out one half of dough to about 1/4 or 1/8th thickness. Cut out cookies with large heart-shaped cookie cutter. Use small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a window out of half of cookies. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies in batches for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely on a wire wrack.
- Spread 3/4 tsp of jam on flat side of each cookie that does not have a window. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, so jam is showing. Carefully sift Confectioner's Sugar over the top of each cookie.