BEAUTY ESSENTIALS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

February 10, 2016


We're now officially halfway through the WEEK OF LOVE and today I'm talking about my beauty essentials for Feb. 14th. Since I'm slowly getting into more ways of applying makeup, I thought this would be perfect to show what I've been using on a day-to-day basis. These are some of the more basic ways to use makeup, I'm no makeup artist, and products that I truly enjoy using. You have to look good for yourself, or on your date, right?!

  • Purse - Betsey Johnson Cheetah Print Crossbody Bag (Similar): First things first, you're going to need something to keep all your beauty essentials in check! What better way than to find the a purse that not only does that, but is also going to look great with what you'll wear on the day of. It should be fun + flirty at the same time, and this cheetah print is the perfect way to bring both with complete ease. 
  • Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer - Bath & Body Works London Tea Time Shortbread: Keep your hands germ-free on your date while smelling delicious! This version is extra sweet and based off my favorite city.
  • Mascara - almay one coat lengthening mascara: It's always helpful to have a tube of mascara handy throughout the night, even if it is long-lasting version. Get those lashes plump!
  • Lip Balm - Kiehl's Lip Balm #1: Make sure to keep your lips hydrated throughout the night, with a soothing lip balm that will protect you from the drying effects of the weather.
  • Lipsticks - Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Siren in Scarlet + Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom in Blushing Bud: Having two types of lipsticks in your bag can be really helpful when trying to decide what look you're going for. I tend to opt towards the Siren in Scarlet shade, as it is this great pop of red and I instantly feel sexy in it.
  • Eye Brushes - e.l.f. Essentials Eye Shadow Brush + e.l.f. Essentials Defining Eye Brush: While you might apply your eye shadow at home, it doesn't hurt to have a pair of brushes in your purse to help reapply or fix throughout the night. 
  • Concealer - Ideal Flawless Cream Concealer in Fair: For another way to refresh throughout the night, this concealer is lightweight and will continue even coverage with a silky finish.
  • Primer - Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer: This has been my favorite primer to use for the past year or so! It makes my skin feel super smooth and helps keep my makeup stay on longer than it ever has before. 8 hours of coverage!
  • Finishing Spray - NYX Makeup Setting Spray - I had never had a finishing spray in my makeup routine, but using this Matte version has really improved how long my makeup stays on. It keeps everything in place and gives you an extra boost of freshness. I highly recommend using this brand!
  • Towelettes - Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towlettes: Finally, you're at the end of the night and need to remove all the makeup you've applied. These towelettes are refreshing and are super effective at removing all the dirt and grime leftover. They're super soft and they're even gentle enough to use on the eyes.
  • Candy - BB-8 Valentine's Heart Tin Lollipops in Strawberry (similar): Treat yourself to some tasty candy, you deserve it! HOW CUTE IS THIS TIN?! 
Most of all, just make sure to enjoy yourself and make the night something to remember. Thank you to everyone who has been joining in on this series, and I hope you enjoy what else is to come! Tomorrow I will be sharing some gifts to get your Valentine's, and make sure to check out my Instagram for posts that coincide with each day on here. 
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment