DIY: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

March 17, 2015

Hi friends! Today's post is all about St. Patrick's Day! I figured what better way to celebrate than to create my very own pot o'gold?! I'll be using this for personal use since I don't really know anyone else that loves this holiday as much as I do, but you can totally do this as a gift for friends, family or teachers! This D.I.Y. is super simple and took me about 30 minutes to finish, so I'll share everything that you need to start your project!


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  • Mini terracotta pot
  • Black paint (I'm using fabric paint because it's all I had on hand.)
  • Small painting brush
  • Various colored markers
  • Stapler
  • Green construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Permanent black marker
  • Newspaper
  • Thin Mints
  • Rolo candies
  • Scotch tape



THE STEPS:
  1. Take your small terracotta pot and paint it black with your small paintbrush. Make sure to paint over some newspaper so you don't get the black paint on a surface you wouldn't want it on. Try and use the same strokes on the pot so it looks smooth and not messy, since the paint dries so quickly. Like I said, I used a fabric paint and it dries in probably two minutes. Also, you can really use any pot you have on hand because you're painting it over with such a dark color.
  2. While the pot is drying, take your green construction paper and draw your version of a rainbow. I liked using colors that were similar to each other, and had the most vibrancy on the paper. Take your scissors and cut around the black lines.
  3. Take your scotch tape and apply two pieces to the bottom of the rainbow. Attach and press to the rim of one side of the pot. Try and angle it as much as you can, like the rainbow is literally inside the pot.
  4. Fill the pot with Thin Mints and Rolo candies, which will act as the gold at the end of the rainbow. I put the Thin Mints at the bottom and stacked them to show more of the Rolo candies.
  5. Take two Rolo candies and stick a piece of Scotch tape to the back. Attach the two Rolo candies to the bottom of the rain, and then you are finished!




What do you guys think of my Pot O'Gold D.I.Y.? I had so much fun making this and like I said above, it's super easy and takes about 30 minutes to finish. I hope you have just as much fun making them yourselves! Have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!



LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment