SPRING 2015 COLOR TREND: MARSALA

March 19, 2015


I wasn't too fond of this color when I first saw it, but it's slowly growing on me. Especially since it reminds me so much of like a cranberry/burgundy color.. but nonetheless! Marsala is officially the color of 2015, which means that you can easily incorporate it into your wardrobe throughout the seasons! A seductive and classy color that is definitely inspired by wine, and is super versatile for any skin color. Check out these rich Marsala looks from designers Burberry Prorsum, No. 21 and Valentino.


 
The executive director for Pantone, Leatrice Eiseman, said in a press release that the color will bring us back to simpler times: "This tasteful hue embodies the satisfying richness of a fulfilling meal while its grounding red-brown roots emanate a sophisticated, natural earthiness." Marsala is definitely more of a rich color, but what I like about it for spring is that it is more neutral and you can mix and match with it. There are so many different hues that the color comes in, you can dress it up or dress it down! Here's an outfit I would put together if I chose to opt for Marsala! What do you think of this Color of the Year?!
 
(PHOTOS VIA: 1 | 2 )
 
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment