California Loveeee

July 10, 2013


So while I was preparing for my summer break, I began thinking of places I would absolutely love to explore and visit. I have a friend named Lexi, who I met on LJ about 9+ years ago, and we decided I would visit her in California! Felt so happy that I could finally see her again in person and be able to visit the West coast for the first time. So I packed up and headed out there for a four day vacation!

She promised great hamburgers from In 'N Out, seeing the Winchester Mystery House, going into San Francisco and seeing the city a total of three times, great Mexican food, good alcohol, and seeing her dog Colin! I was down for everything, and could not wait for the next day to happen.


We ended up going to the Winchester Mystery House, which I have only seen pictures and ghost investigations of it. Seeing it in person, it's outstanding and insanely crazy that it was built in the manner it was. The tour guide we had was kind-of hot, so I made sure to pay a lot of attention. After that we met up with some of her friends and went to a drag show hosted at the California Academy of Sciences. It was the first trip into San Francisco, and we listened to Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis the entire time. This song is officially my song of the summer!

So I am a true believe that I brought with me some insanely gorgeous weather. I mean, the sun was out and truly shining while I was there. It made for a perfect second trek out to San Francisco, where we went straight for the Golden Gate Bridge. Sadly, there was a dense fog that only covered the bridge while we were there. I could still see Alcatraz, so that was cool to finally see in person. We also trekked to Pier39 and had some great seafood. So delicious.

The following days were a blast! We headed out to Berkley, which was such a cool area, and then went out to San Francisco again. Got to see more of the city, do some shopping, and then had some great food with another one of her friends. Finally saw a real SF trolley, which made me reminisce of Full House. Looking at these photos, I wore a lot of Gap while I was there. Which I guess made sense since that is where the headquarters are. What a coincidence! All in all, I had such a great time with Lexi and was happy I got to see a different part of the country. So different than Minnesota, that's for sure.

Always,
Mostly Lisa


7 comments

  1. Great post, I really like your blog :)
    Kisses from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like it. :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  2. my extended family lives in ca and i love it! never been to san fransico but love where I've gone - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I really know no one besides this friend that lives on that coast. I had never really had any desire to go out there, but it was fun and laid back. Definitely different than Minnesota, haha.

      Yeah, San Fransico was gorgeous and a lot of fun. Glad we were able to go there so many times.

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  3. Lovely pics, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure did, it was a blast. :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete