Another week bites the dust. While the beginning of it was very relaxing for me, I was able to have three days off of work, the end of my week has been pretty crazy. I guess I can bring this up on here.... after about a month-and-a-half of working at my current job, I've now received a promotion! It's going to be my first position as a part-time key holder, and I'm beyond excited. It's the first time I've had a real leader role, and I'm proud of myself that I've been able to show my talent and ability in such a short amount of time. I was extremely anxious that movement within the company would be relatively slow, but if this can happen after so short a period? I'm truly hoping that I can get into Corporate before the end of the year! This is what I've wanted since I graduated from college, and this has shown to me that I have the skills and mindset to get to where I want to be. Cross your fingers for me that I can move even quicker after this!! Hopefully will start training beginning next week and see what happens, but it should be a lot of fun and I'm intrigued to learn more. This weekend though, I will be working and hanging out. I wanted to share with you though, some links that have caught my eye over this past week and that will make the weekend extra exciting. Enjoy!
- If any of you know me you'll know I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, so Emma Approved is just a great addition to the expansion of fan-dedicated works. It's a modern take on 'Emma' and stars a wonderful cast full of up and comers! The latest edition to the series, Boxx Hill, was probably the most well acted episode of the series. I'm so ready for next week, if it's coming back since it was left on a cliffhanger...It better be!
- My guest post on Sarah Edwards has me sharing some of my favorite hats for summer! You've got to protect yourself with the sun blazing on your skin.
- I NEED this dress from ASOS, plus it's on sale. That hem is just so perfection.
- These behind-the-scenes photos of Chanel's recent set designs are gorgeous.
- A tasty recipe from Coco + Kelly to try this weekend, and I like the name of the drink! The Ruby Rouser...
- D.I.Y.: Fruit Macaroons by Sugar & Cloth!
- I'm selling some items on my Instagram, make sure to go check it out! They're all plus size, super cute and very affordable.
- Another reason to be in New York, the New York Historical Society is hosting the 75th Anniversary of Madeline being published. This exhibit is showing the artwork of Ludwig Bemelmans. So beautiful.
- Beach Life must be so hard, Paris in Four Months..... Those photos though!
- A good listen: Andrew Solomon: Depression, the Secret we Share.
(PHOTO VIA: 1)