Style Icon - Kate Mara

August 3, 2013

 
 
Hi gals!
 Hope your weekend is going well! I am busy working this entire weekend, but I wanted to share with you a style icon of mine right now. Kate Mara, who I first saw in Brokeback Mountain, but can now be seen in the Netflix T.V. series House of Cards, has quickly transformed into a great style inspiration of mine. She has a great laid back style, but is still super feminine in her outfit choices. One of my all time favorite outfits she's worn is this STUNNING Elie Saab dress to the Academy Awards last year. Her whole ensemble is like something out of a classic black and white movie, and the hair just tops it off. Another favorite of mine is this silver Dolce & Gabbana dress paired with black accessories. I would wear this in a heartbeat!

 

 
Her last name might sound a little familiar, Rooney Mara is in fact her little sister. I wish I could be apart of that talented gene pool. Both of carved their own niche in the acting world and are both extremely good at what they do. Kate's style is just as talented, being seen in Mulberry, Tracy Reese, Prada, Jason Wu, Peter Som, and several others! Having just been featured in a gorgeous spread last month in Elle mag, she is sure to be on anyone's Top 10 Best Dressed List! Below is an outfit inspired by Kate, all items are individually under $100, and this is how I would style her myself!

 (Photo Credit: 1. | 2)


1. Zara Cropped Trousers | 2. Fossil Leather Watch | 3. Adrien Striped Top | 4. Faux Leather Satchel | 5. De Luca Skull Necklace | 6. Black Blazer | 7. Converse Chuck Taylor

Always,
Mostly Lisa

1 comment

  1. She's so gorgeous! That floral dress in the top left of the collage is to die for! Love it.

    Trina

    ReplyDelete