FALL 2016 TREND: VELVET DELIGHTS

October 28, 2016

This trend has been my absolute favorite for fall 2016, but it's also taken me so long to write about it. Don't ask me why it has, but I am very excited to finally be talking about it and share some great items that feature the luxe fabric. This trend was seen a lot on the runways for this fall, but I found a lot of inspiration from the Louis Vuitton Fall 2013 collection - which means that this is a trend that has made its way through season after season. I do love it when that happens! Remember when it was everywhere during the 90's? This luxurious fabric can make anyone feel like a million bucks, and can be dressed up or down. Enough talking, let's get to the shopping! Here are ten items that are on my velvet wishlist.

1. The Inez Ankle-Strap Shoe ($158): These are everything I've wanted and more! The minute I laid my eyes on these beauties, it was like everything fell into place. Truly hoping these go on sale soon, because I need to wear them like everyday.
2. Washed Velvet Square Decorative Pillow ($14): If you follow me on Snapchat, you might have seen a small story I did with a variety of different pillows I have been searching for. I am on the HUNT for a few new pillows to add, and this one is perfect! That price though...
3. Velvet Kettleby Tete-a-Tete ($2398): Let's talk about the inspiration behind this - mid-century reprise and 19th-century shape that makes it easy to float wherever you put it your space. So beautiful, and I love how unique this is. A girl can literally dream, and that is what I will be doing for the rest of my life with this.
4. ASOS CURVE RED CARPET Velvet Drape Maxi Dress ($194): Could you imagine wearing this dress out and about? I can only assume you would feel like royalty. It's so weird that I came across this dress, because I have dreamed about owning one just like it several times in the past. Reminds me of Old Hollywood glamour, and I would definitely not mind feeling like that for a little while.
5. Velvet Executive Blazer in Mauve ($90): A blazer in velvet? This looks absolutely gorgeous, and super comfortable! It also seems super versatile - could go with jeans, black pants, skirts, everything!
6. Cynthia Rowley Felix Embellished Crossbody ($85): I'm always in the need for a new bag, always, and this crossbody bag from designer Cynthia Rowley is so beautiful. It has just the right amount of velvet detailing and those stars are so cute. It'd be a perfect transition piece for fall into winter.
7. Little Mistress Velvet Detail Wrap Dress ($100): Another one of those dream dresses of mine. Wow!
8. Solar Sister Crown ($28): I kind-of don't care that there will really be no reason for me to wear this crown for everyday use, but it is just so beautiful!
9. Velvet Pocket Duster Coat ($135): The weather is getting cooler, and I love the idea of having a jacket that can also just be apart of your regular outfit. The contrast of the velvet pockets makes for a super chic look that will be great for winter.
10. Velvet Dip-Dyed Curtains ($69): I absolutely hate Urban Outfitters, but these curtains are so pretty! I love the idea of them being the same color, but in two different hues. Imagine having the sun streaming through these! Ugh, it'd be so relaxing. The other great part of this? Right now, they're on sale for 25% off if you buy two!
(PHOTO VIA: Vogue)
LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment