MY DAILY BEAUTY ROUTINE

August 7, 2015

Let's talk my beauty routine that I do everyday, and the products** that I use daily. I've been watching a ton of beauty vlogs (Kristen Leanne, Glam & Gore, MadeYewLook) lately, so that has created the inspiration to talk about what products I use to 'make up' my face! Most of the them are the drugstore brands, because they're what I can afford in my budget and because I've had good usage out of them. There are two products I use the most, and they are the Stay Matte Primer and the Tone Rehab Concealer. I find that these two combined really help combat the redness that comes with my fair skin, and because I tend to perspire a little bit more.
I start with the primer first, spreading it evenly over my entire face. Primers have been hit and miss with me, but this Stay Matte Primer from Rimmel London is the best I've had so far. It keeps everything in place, and maintains an even skin tone throughout the day. Then I add the foundation, applying with the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge, making sure to cover everything. This foundation from Covergirl + Olay is probably my favorite foundation I've ever purchased. It's in the Classic Ivory shade and is a perfect fit for my skintone.

With the bigger fluff brush from up & up, I then take the truBlend Minerals and add to the apples of my cheeks to attempt some contouring. For my skin tone, this shade 415, also acts as a bronzer. A little bit goes a LONG way with this powder, and so I only add about a pinch or so on each cheek. After all of that is blended perfectly and I have an even look, I move onto my eyes. I really tend to stick with more browns, golds and lighter shades of color when applying eye shadow. I'm still not daring enough to do something bold.  Someday though, right?!

The eye shadow that I've been using for quite awhile now is a eye shadow duo by elf professionals and 'Sensational Effects Eye Shadow' from Lancôme. To apply I use the eye shadow brush from elf professionals, where I usually put the lighter brown on the inside of my eye and then the darker shade on the crease of my eyelid. I've been into the more ombre effect lately, so I try to do that as often as possible. For mascara, I use CoverGirl lashblast fusion and it's been my go-to mascara for the past couple months. I like to put on at least 3 coats on the upper and lower lashes to create a bigger eye. My lashes are already pretty long, so I don't use an eye curler or anything.

I'm pretty excited that I have finally found the perfect shade of lipstick to add into my routine! I've not been the biggest user of lipstick, I mainly used chapstick or lip gloss. Not only do I now have the perfect shade, I have TWO go-to lipsticks in my beauty bag. The first is from NARS and is a velvet matte lip pencil, called Cruella. It may be a pencil but I've been using it as a lipstick since it can go so far by itself. The second is from Maybelline and is another matte version called Siren in Scarlet! I've been using that one a lot lately and it's so great because it's long lasting and doesn't smudge.

When it comes to perfume, I really enjoy floral and sweet scents. I have two rollerball perfumes right now that work perfectly because they're both very fragrant and last for awhile. Kate Spade New York 'Live Colorfully' is my FAVORITE right now, and I'm obsessed with wearing it. It just makes me feel feminine and flirty, which is how you should feel when putting a perfume on. The other scent is from Torrid called Siren's Call, and is bright and luminous. Both are going to be repeat scents that I'll purchase. 
 
Last but not least is the makeup removal process. I like to use face wipes instead of soap or anything, I find they tend to get more off. The Olay Fresh Effects wipes are perfect for everyday use, but I also like to use a face mask from LUSH Cosmetics called Mask of Magnaminty. I use it about once a week and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and replenished, it even removes blackheads!

So, all of this eventually leads to this!
**I'm also currently learning more about makeup and about animal testing with beauty products. PLEASE let me know if any of these products/brands test on animals, and any similar ones that do not so I can interchange them. I'd greatly appreciate it! xoxoxo

What are some of your favorite products to use? Let me know in the comments below!

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment