A Classic: The Bra Top

May 20, 2013

 
How cool is this vintage sewing pattern piece?! I've kind-of been in love with this risque and modest fashion choice of wearing inner-as-outwear. I guess it relates back to my love of separate pieces in an outfit. Now I wouldn't necessarily go right out there and wear just a bra a public, but you can wear coverups and sheer tops and make it look really elegant. The style also relates, obviously, to bikinis sported by vintage Hollywood starlets. In the 1950s, this cool trend was paired with shorts and worn to different sports events. Quite an easy way to stay cool! These necessities aren't just unmentionables anymore!
 | Etsy | Style)

 
 
Nowadays you can see this trend at music festivals, at the beach, and even on the runway!

What do you guys think of this trend?
 
Always,
Mostly Lisa

6 comments

  1. I adore the retro inspired bralettes! #2 in the first photo is just too cute. :)
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retro is best! I completely agree. :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love the retro bra top! I think it's such a cool trend:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree! Retro is just so great and I love that it comes back so often in trends. :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  3. I really like it! I think there's a trashy way of doing it but I've seen a lot of bloggers pulling it off wonderfully.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! I think it has to be on the right body type and it has to be done in the right way. Retro is the best way to do that. I've seen some bloggers pull it off really well also. :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete