A Dress For My Body Type

February 23, 2013


Being a curvier woman, I often have difficulty finding the right dress for my body type. But with retailers being more open to plus sizes, it's getting a little easier. I've also found inspiration from other fashion bloggers who have been setting the trend on what looks right for our silhouettes. Girl With Curves has been a constant source of ideas and I highly recommend checking out her blog. She is fabulous and knows what she's talking about. Nicolette Mason is another must read! She actually writes and has her own column in Marie Claire magazine. Must say she's someone I really look up to and can only dream of achieving what she has. Bow down.
 
But back to finding a dress for my body type, like I said previously there has been a growing trend in finding the right resource for a curvier body. I have a few favorite retailers that accomodate to my needs, and these are just some of the dresses I would wear.
 
 
 
I think I might need to go shopping! Each one of these retailers have fairly reasonable prices and make such flattering decisions for curvier women. I especially am fond of SimplyBe because they are an online retailer that aims specifically for plus size fashion. I only recently found out about them, but I am very happy I did! Do any of you have any favorite plus-size retailers? Let me know!
 
Always,
Mostly Lisa

11 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know right?! That color and the Peter Pan collar are a perfect combo.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Really wish I could pull something like that off. It's so beautiful!

      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  3. those dresses are all so beautiful! I love those two bright blue ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so flattering also! So I definitely can't wait to purchase them. I love those two blue ones also! So pretty.

      Thank you so much for commenting.

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  4. Love them all!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do! I pretty much do also. ;)

      Thanks for commenting.

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete
  5. These are all really pretty, but I'm a sucker for a good maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird, last summer was the first time I tried on a maxi dress. Let's just say, I've never gone back on loving them. I didn't know they could be so flattering, and I now have 5 of them in my wardrobe. Definitely going to buy some more for spring. :D

      Thanks for commenting!

      Always,
      Mostly Lisa

      Delete