A NEW HAIRCARE ROUTINE

April 11, 2023


About three months ago I came across an Instagram ad for Jonathan Van Ness's hair brand - JVN Hair - and just so happened to click on it for more information. Honestly, I didn't really think about purchasing anything at that moment but I knew I was looking for something new to add to my haircare routine. I eventually clicked out of the ad and moved on from there. Cut to a week later and little did I know this influenced me so much that when I saw it was available as a sample to add to my Sephora order, it was added immediately.


After the samples of the Volumizing line were done - I literally squeezed the last of the product out - I realized this was visibly showing me improvement and I needed to take the next step and try it out in full-size. Slowly but surely I was able to see better volume, shine, and fewer dead ends after each wash. I wasn't necessarily looking to start a new routine, but this has become something I can easily take control of, as life around me has been absolutely chaotic lately. I started an Instagram highlight that you can view here if you want to take a look at how far I've come! 


So what have been the results? After my first haircut in over two years, it's feeling fresh and rejuvenated! Unfortunately, I was given the diagnosis of a dry scalp. The news comes out of left field, truly. Sadness has ensued, but I think I found a resolution! Keeping it in the JVN hair family, I've just added in the nourishing oil they have.


The hunt for a shampoo that will help with adding volume and strength is one I've been on for a while. Lo and behold, this Embody Volumizing product has lived up to my shampoo expectations! Such a unique smell, and gorgeous recyclable packaging. A decent amount is given for the bottle and sizing. I highly recommend bundling products together to get a discount!



Love the cohesion of the smell between the shampoo and conditioner! 3-4 pumps are well distributed, so a little goes a long way. Consistency is also key with conditioners, and this formula is smooth and buttery. Makes it feel higher quality.



This product was recommended right before I checked out and my eyes were instantly drawn to the 'air dry' phrase, so I knew I had to try it! Kudos to the web team for this placement, right?! A few drops onto the fingertips, then apply to the ends and move up to the roots. The smell is so good too! Compliments the shampoo and conditioner really well. 

Please keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm hoping it'll be just what I need. I put all the product links below, so let me know what your favorite JVN product is in the comments!


LET'S CONNECT ||  TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

1 comment

  1. Your hair came out looking very pretty,
    and you have a very pretty smile!

    ReplyDelete