A SPANISH-STYLE DREAM HOME

February 8, 2021

onekinddesign

 

Pardon me but I'm just going to appreciate that when forming an idea for what this post would be about, I immediately thought of 'The Californians' from SNL. Mostly because of the fact that they clearly live in a 'Spanish style mini mansion' to which my thoughts led me into watching every skit, playing some GTA V, and finally turned into growing to appreciate the actual architecture of what these Spanish-style homes are. Holy crap are they beautiful AND expensive?! These houses are definitely more apt to be found in warmer climates - CA, AZ, FL, TX, etc. - and they make me insanely jealous as I'm sitting here in MN trying to stay warm when it's -14 degrees outside. 

A Spanish-style dream home offer a more natural, yet sophisticated look reminiscent of early Colonial dwellings built by the first Spanish settlers. The official term is called Spanish Colonial Revival  and also influences heavily from Mediterranean architecture. Think stuccoed walls, bright and vibrant solid colors, red tile roofs and gorgeous tile work. To commit to this type of house, you definitely have to start on the exterior and work it into every other aspect of inside the home. This can be done subtly, but of course it's more fun doing it as bold as possible. Hello Spanish tiles that I would line in every nook and crevice!  I highly recommend checking out the HGTV link above for more background on this style and maybe you'll fall in love with it as I have. If you do, feel free to take a look at these dreamy homes for some captivating inspiration.












LET'S CONNECT ||  TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment