BEST DRESSED: GOLDEN GLOBES 2020

January 6, 2020



It's been awhile since I last did a round-up of my favorite looks on the red carpet, two years in fact, and I decided what better time do this again than the beginning of awards season - starting with the Golden Globes! Before those fancy (mostly talented) A-Listers get to potentially win a statue, they first have to win the favor of every fashion critic (as well as this unqualified fashion blogger) while walking the red carpet. To be honest, I prefer the drama of the red carpet exponentially more than the actual show, so I often find myself completely skipping watching. The fashion tends to be the best part anyways! My other favorite part of these award show nights is being able to relax, unwind and converse with other people about who is wearing who. Why wouldn't I want to start this up again?

Please read on below to see the ten that stood out among all of them. Hope you enjoy!

MY BEST DRESSED

1. Beanie Feldstein in Oscar de la Renta
Why I love it: Ever see someone in a dress and just KNOW that they feel beautiful in it? Yeah, that's how I felt with this look and was eventually the reason I decided she'd be my number one. The rich color, that Blair Waldorf headband, and the stunning cat eye all come together for a beautiful ensemble. I was clapping all night long for this entire look! 

2. Ana de Armas in Ralph & Russo
Why I love it: Drop dead gorgeous, serious Anastasia vibes, absolutely glamorous! I can't think of any other adjectives right now...This was the first look I saw of the night and my jaw instantly dropped. It's super simple, which I think a lot of people were going for the year, but it still shines in all the right places with the colorful drama, the neckline and silhouette. Yes, please.

3. Phoebe Waller-Bridge in Ralph & Russo
Why I love it: The sharp, sexy and oh-so English vibes given off of this just had to be on my list. A tweed tuxedo sounds like it'd be hard to pull off, but not for Phoebe! She flexed HARD tonight and nailed it by pairing the subtle suit with a sleek pair of pumps and tousled hair. 

4. Leslie Bibb in Honor
Why I love it: A look I was not expecting to be from an actress I haven't heard of since she was on the show 'Popular', but supposedly she's still acting and is married to Sam Rockwell. Who would've known?! I'm choosing this dress particularly for that subtle ombre, which is đŸ‘Œ! 

5. Chris Evans in Isaia 
Why I love it: Ugh, what a gift. I'm super partial to this guy but he's been turning into an actual men's style icon for a lot of people, so I'm not mad about that. Thank you kind sir for not wearing a typical black and white tux. You're killing it in this burgundy corduroy suit, absolutely killing it. 

6. Jane Levy in Steven Khalil
Why I love it: I heard Jane arrived for the red carpet, stayed for about 5 minutes and then left to immediately board an airplane to continue filming her new show. If that's not commitment to earn yourself a place on Best Dressed lists, I don't know what is! Loving the romantic Old Hollywood vibes.

7. Saoirse Ronan in Celine
Why I love it: This was definitely more of a subtler look that I've seen her put together, however, I still enjoyed the simplicity of it. Her soft makeup and hair, the pink crystals that reflect in the light and then the hint of skin tie this together for me. 

8. Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture
Why I love it: I think it's a fact: the face of Dior has to wear Dior to every event she goes to. I, surprisingly, really enjoyed this dress. Yes, even with the fact that it's green. đŸ˜¬ The contrast of the black bodice is definitely a helping factor and I just think this is quintessentially Charlize, which is okay in my book!

9. Kaitlyn Dever in Valentino
Why I love it: I was hesitant on if I liked this or not but the more and more I came across it, the more I leaned toward loving it. I noticed that big, puffy, exaggerated sleeves were a trend across the board for a lot of celebrities and this dress nailed that trend. The bold pink and red floral embroidery makes this dress really fun to look at, and doesn't she just look super comfortable in it?! 

10. Gugu Mbatha-Raw in Gucci
Why I love it: This was another look that I wasn't sure if I loved at first but the more I happened upon it, the more I really found myself enjoying it. She's definitely shining in this gown and "G" can stand for glamorous as well, right? Win-win!

Who turned your head this year in a good OR bad way? Let me know in the comments below or talk to me on social! 
LET'S CONNECT ||  TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment