MY STYLE FILE: HAPPY HALLOWEEN

October 31, 2016

Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Something wicked this way comes!

Happy Halloween, everyone! All Hallows Eve has creeped up on us fast and the spooky holiday is in full swing. In my house, we'll be ready to hand out candy to the trick or treaters, watch a few classic movies and be listening to some freaky tunes all night long. I cannot believe we're already at the end of October, but I'm going to maintain my festive spirit for the week ahead with a new My Style File post! 

If any of you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen me freaking out over the new flannel I purchased from Cakeworthy's Halloween 2016 collection. The fandom-inspired, fairy tale favorite company makes these really adorable flannels, shirts and pins for people of all ages. I found out about them last year after doing some research through some hashtags, and was instantly hooked. So much so that I ended up buying my first flannel from them, which I didn't end up getting until Christmas. It made for a unique holiday season, that's for sure. For Halloween they focus a lot on 'Hocus Pocus' and other Disney-related fandom. This year, I decided to go for their 'Harry Potter' flannel that features the words 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' on the back. I mean, how cute is that?! It instantly got me inspired to do a photo shoot featuring it with an extra creepy setting. Luckily the Twin Cities has quite a few PERFECT spots to set the mood! I ended up choosing Lakewood Cemetery in Minneapolis that actually has quite important meaning to my family and I. With the help of another local blogger, we found the perfect time to take some photos in this beautiful place. Definitely got me in the mood for all things Halloween, and I hope it does for you as well. Stay safe tonight!
Photos by Jill Merkel

LET'S CONNECT || FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Always,
Mostly Lisa

Post a Comment